A non-face to face consultation should directly support diagnosis and care planning and must replace a face to face Out-Patient Attendance Consultant, Clinic Attendance Nurse or Clinic Attendance Midwife, types of CARE ACTIVITY.
A record of the consultation must be retained in the PATIENT's records.
Telephone contacts solely for informing PATIENTS of results are excluded.
- National Code 03 'Telemedicine' has been updated in Data Dictionary Change Notice 1734 "Consultation Medium Used Update". The Data Set specifications that contain this item will be updated in the next version of the Information Standard where it is not already correct.
- National Code 05 'Email' is not valid for Commissioning Data Set version 6-2
- National Code 06 'Short Message Service (SMS) - Text Messaging' is not valid for Commissioning Data Set version 6-2 and the HIV and AIDS Reporting Data Set
- National Code 07 'On-line Triage' is only used for the GUMCAD Sexually Transmitted Infection Surveillance System Data Set
- National Code 08 'Online Instant Messaging' is only valid for the Improving Access to Psychological Therapies Data Set
- National Code 98 'Other (not listed)' is only used in the Community Services Data Set, Improving Access to Psychological Therapies Data Set, Maternity Services Data Set, Mental Health Services Data Set and Sexual and Reproductive Health Activity Data Set.
|01||Face to face communication|
|04||Talk type for a PERSON unable to speak|
|06||Short Message Service (SMS) - Text Messaging|
|08||Online Instant Messaging|
|98||Other (not listed)|
This attribute is also known by these names:
|plural||CONSULTATION MEDIA USED|