NHS Prescription Services
NHS Prescription Services processes over three million prescription items every working day.
NHS Prescription Services' primary responsibilities are:
- Examination, checking, pricing and analysis of the NHS prescriptions for drugs, medicine and appliances in England;
- Payments to pharmacy contractors, appliance contractors and authorisation of payments to dispensing doctors in England;
- Provision of regular and prompt information on the costs and trends of prescribing in England;
- Supplying England, Isle of Man and Channel Island GENERAL MEDICAL PRACTITIONER codes;
- Supplying England, Isle of Man and Channel Island GP Practice codes;
- Supplying codes for England, Isle of Man and Channel Island pharmacy and appliance dispensers.
This supporting information is also known by these names:
|formerly||Prescription Pricing Authority, NHS Business Services Authority Prescription Pricing Division|