National Specialised Commissioning Group
- oversees and coordinates the work of the ten Specialised Commissioning Groups in fields where the planning population for health services is larger than that of a single Specialised Commissioning Group
- encourages collaborative working between the Specialised Commissioning Groups
- promotes the sharing of best practice
- advises Primary Care Trusts on the commissioning of specialised services
- acts as the national point of contact for PATIENT groups, Medical Royal Colleges, professional healthcare associations, and other stakeholders with an interest in specialised services.
This supporting information is also known by these names: