The Community Information Data Set provides national definitions for the data required to generate consistent PERSON-based data from care records, which should be used for reporting and to monitor and manage Community Health Service provision.
The data collected in the Community Information Data Set is provided by Community Health Care Providers in England, and is in respect of any PATIENT in receipt of or referred to Community Health Services in England who is funded via an NHS Standard Contract for Community Services.
- accurate information on which to make intelligent commissioning decisions to support Patient Choice and Any Qualified Provider policies
- information on the use of resources to improve the operational management of SERVICES
The data will also be used for the following national and local purposes:
- managing and monitoring commissioning information
- informing commissioning decisions
- monitoring access to and use of SERVICES
- addressing health inequalities
- monitoring outcomes
- ongoing service development and improvement
- comparing indicators of quality and safety of SERVICES
- improving Community Health Services
- research and SERVICE development