The start date of a REFERRAL TO TREATMENT PERIOD.
This is a specific type of the attribute ACTIVITY DATE.
A REFERRAL TO TREATMENT PERIOD START DATE will be one of the following:
- Initial Referral:
- This will include a PATIENT being re-referred in to a Consultant Led Service or an Interface Service or an NHS Allied Health Professional Service (Referral To Treatment Measurement) as a new referral including after a Discharge After Patient Did Not Attend. The REFERRAL TO TREATMENT PERIOD STATUS is 'National Code 10 - first activity'
- the APPOINTMENT ACCEPTED DATE (or the INVITATION OFFER DATE SENT of the first APPOINTMENT OFFER where the APPOINTMENT OFFER is sent) for the first APPOINTMENT following the PATIENT not attending an APPOINTMENT or elective admission. See REFERRAL TO TREATMENT PERIOD and Discharge After Patient Did Not Attend for guidance on PATIENTS who do not attend
- Following active monitoring:
- On identifying a separate condition:
- the REFERRAL REQUEST RECEIVED DATE of a SERVICE REQUEST when a decision has been made to refer the PATIENT directly to a Consultant Led Service or an NHS Allied Health Professional Service (Referral To Treatment Measurement) for a separate condition (the REFERRAL TO TREATMENT PERIOD STATUS for the first CARE ACTIVITY with the new CONSULTANT or NHS Allied Health Professional Service (Referral To Treatment Measurement) is 'National Code 12 - consultant or NHS Allied Health Professional Service (Referral To Treatment) referral').
Referral To Treatment Consultant Led Waiting Times:
SERVICE REQUESTS to CONSULTANTS who provide care SERVICES in community settings also start REFERRAL TO TREATMENT PERIODS and the REFERRAL REQUEST RECEIVED DATE will be the start of the REFERRAL TO TREATMENT PERIOD.
A REFERRAL TO TREATMENT PERIOD may also start from SERVICE REQUESTS to CONSULTANTS from GENERAL DENTAL PRACTITIONERS, Practitioners with Special Interests, OPTOMETRISTS and Orthoptists, National Screening Programmes, Specialist NURSES, other CARE PROFESSIONALS where commissioning ORGANISATIONS have approved these mechanisms locally.
An 18-week clock also starts upon a self referral by a PATIENT to the above services, where these pathways have been agreed locally by commissioners and providers and once the referral is ratified by a CARE PROFESSIONAL.
A REFERRAL TO TREATMENT PERIOD will also start where PATIENTS are transferred to an elective Consultant Led Service through SERVICE REQUESTS from Accident and Emergency Departments including Minor injuries units and Walk In Centres.
Allied Health Professional Referral To Treatment Measurement:
Further guidance relating to the Allied Health Professional Referral To Treatment can be found on the Department of Health part of the gov.uk website at: Allied health professional referral to treatment revised guide.
This attribute is also known by these names:
|plural||REFERRAL TO TREATMENT PERIOD START DATES|